Saturday 7 July, 2007

I want to believe……..

In karma. In love. I really dig the concept of karma. As long as the definition is, “what goes around comes around IN THIS LIFE”. I don’t know about rebirth but it seems really unfair if we have to pay for stuff we did in some previous avtar that we can’t do anything about now. It is however, reassuring to know that if someone screws me, they will get screwed eventually. All I ask is for it to happen soon, benefit me (justice served, yeah!) and be of the same degree.

Lately though ( ah! growing up) I’ve lost sight of karma. I’ve been waiting for it to kick in and do its stuff. But nada……. This got me thinking about what I’d done to offend karma. After some deliberation and after calls to potentially offended by me people (turned out they were fine! And getting married! ), I’ve come to the conclusion, karma only applies to people who have an active conscience. It is what you make of it and what your attitude towards life is. Some people don’t have a developed sense of guilt or are unabashed about putting their welfare first (Most people do in the broadest sense). Karma is not going to frighten this breed into doing right. So while karma will screw me if I were to put a toe outa line, it’s not gonna do anything to others who are ok with stepping over people. Where’s the comfort?

1 comment:

Serendipity said...

Hello :)

You have been tagged mis!
http://serendipitys-world.blogspot.com/2007/07/attaged.html